Do you have a spot in your home that calls your name while you’re away? Maybe that spot is otherwise known as your bed. Maybe that spot is a chair tucked away in a corner. Perhaps, like me, you are dreaming of creating a cozy nook to call your own.
The makings of a cozy nook:
- Heavenly smelling candle. I recently switched my staple bedside candle scent, lavender to this and am in love with it!
- A little light on the subject. Crushing on Rejuvenation and Schoolhouse Electric for classic nook, lighting inspiration.
- Greenery. Refer to this Monday S&S for inspiration.
- Blanket/Throw. Of course there’s this Monday S&S to help here too.
- Media of your choosing. I haven’t picked up a good book in a bit, but I have been really into PBS’s, Call the Midwife lately, playing catch-up via Netflix of course.
For those of you who are lacking in the cozy nook department, let’s get your Monday started off right by browsing through inspiration.
This sophisticated space is actually from House Tweaking blogger, Dana, who totally came through when her boys requested a reading spot. Can you believe it? Everything about it is perfection.
Are you into romance novels? Well then, you better fix up a little spot inspired by this ASAP. Absolutely lovely. The rest of Kay Prestney’s home in the UK is featured on apartment therapy. Click here to take the tour, it does NOT disappoint!
Need more time to daydream about adding a perfect cozy nook in your home? I sure do! HGTV provides you with endless cozy nook scrolling, click here.
Speaking of apartment therapy. I recently listened to Chris Loves Julia’s #33 podcast featuring the founder of apartment therapy, Maxwell Ryan. One of my favorite things about meeting new people is learning about how they came to be standing in the spot they are today. His story is really interesting and I urge you to take a listen if you’re into that sort of thing too.